Leek and Potato Soup
- butter (2 tbsp)
- leeks (3)
- russet potatoes (3)
- garlic (2 cloves)
- chicken stock (32 oz)
- heavy whipping cream (1/4 cup)
- white pepper
- Slice white part of leeks. Add to a large mixing bowl with cold
water and shake the dirt off with your hands, allowing it to sink
to the bottom. Scoop leeks out of bowl and onto a plate.
- Melt butter in the bottom of a dutch oven. Once the butter is
hissing, add leaks and mix. Allow leeks to soften for five
- Add minced garlic and mix. Allow to cook for another minute.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small pieces. Add to the pot, and
add chicken stock until the potatoes are just covered.
- Simmer the mixture covered until the potatoes are softened and
pierce easily at the end of a fork (est. 20 minutes).
- Blend the mixture throughly. Add heavy whipping cream until
- Season with salt, white pepper, and cyan pepper to taste. Serve
with sprinkled cheese and submerged toasted bread.